Child Development Specialist – Santa Clara County
$26 -$30 per hour
Santa Clara County, CA
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE IMPACT IN THE LIVES OF YOUNG CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES? DO YOU ENJOY WORKING WITH CHILDREN TO DEVELOP SOCIAL, PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, COGNITIVE, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS THROUGH PLAY? IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU – STARS THERAPY SERVICES WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU!
Stars Therapy Services is a specialized early intervention company focused on
providing behavioral services to children diagnosed with or in assessment for developmental delays.
We provide intensive early intervention services as well as speech, language, and occupational
therapy for children within their first three years of life while also providing parent education and
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An energized and playful individual with a passion for working with
young children in their early development years. You must be comfortable working in a
family/community setting and traveling to client homes. Whether you are entry-level or experienced,
we provide a comprehensive training program that provides you with adequate skills and knowledge
prior to working with our kiddos!
A Child Development Specialist (CDS) provides one on one direct therapy in a
natural environment, either in-home or out in the community, with children from birth to 3 years old.
CDSs work closely with each Parent/Guardian and child to increase the acquisition of skills in the 5
main areas of childhood development using play therapy.
Lead Child Development Specialist
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
● Must have a passion for working with children with developmental delays. Experience in child
development or related field preferred but not required
● Comfortable thinking outside the box, adapting to a changing environment, and maintaining
professionalism with children and parents
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Child Development or a related field preferred
● CPR & First Aid Certified (Adult, child, & infant) a plus
● RBT Certification a plus
● Bilingual (highly preferred)
BASIC & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
● Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel between different job sites.
Valid driver’s license, proof of current auto insurance, and clean driving record.
● Ability to obtain DOJ background clearance.
● Ability to read, comprehend, and write communication through computer, electronic devices,
and paper means.
● TB and COVID Vaccinations (medical or religious exemptions accepted)
● Competitive hourly rate
● Paid drive time, phone stipend, and mileage reimbursement
● Ability to design your own schedule
● Paid training and ongoing career development opportunities
● Health Benefits, 401k, and employer-paid life and A&D insurance
● Paid sick, holiday, and vacation days
● Tablet & uniform provided